The Best Appetizers to Make When Your Friends Come Over
Since we've moved into our new home, we've been entertaining more of our friends at our home and we love it! So, I thought it'd be great to round up some of my favourite appies I make when guests our over. As someone who doesn't love to do a lot of cooking, these are pretty simple ideas that are still very tasty that you can make! Enjoy!
This post is all about easy appetizer recipes.
A well-designed charcuterie board can be eye-catching and also super tasty to make when you have friends coming over! This is a great appetizer to make if you aren’t the best at cooking, since all you have to do is lay out the meats and cheeses basically. But, this appie can get expensive depending on how overboard you go with the different types of cheeses. The beauty of charcuterie is that you can change out any of the cheeses and meats for whatever you want, but in the ingredients, I’ll give you what I usually use!
- Cheddar Cheese
- Havarti Cheese
- Brie Cheese
- Hungarian Salami
- Spicy Mustard
- Sliced Pickles
- Charcuterie Board
- Place the meats, cheeses, crackers, and condiments in an organized fashion on the charcuterie board
- Place cheese knives around the board so your guests can cut the cheese off for themselves
I recently started making this appetizer since I fell in love with spinach dip at pretty much every restaurant and when they all closed due to the pandemic, I decided to learn to make it myself! This recipe ended up making the best spinach dip I’ve ever tried and it’s perfect to have out during a game night with friends!
- ½ cup of mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup of parmesan cheese
- ½ cup of romano cheese
- ¼ cup of sour cream
- 1½ cup of artichokes (chopped)
- ¾ cup of spinach (chopped)
- 8oz of cream cheese
- 1tsp garlic (chopped)
- 1tsp basil (spice)
- 1tsp red pepper (spice)
- Set the oven to 375º
- Chop the spinach, artichokes and garlic
- Put all of the ingredients in a mixing bowl and mix together with a spoon
- Place into an oven-safe dish
- Leave in the oven for 10-15 minutes (or until the sides of the dish are starting to brown)
- Serve with tortilla chips
This is a super easy and cheap appetizer that can be whipped up pretty fast! I make this easy appie for myself as a snack sometimes, I love it so much. It’s a great choice if your guests are coming over during the day (around lunchtime), since it’s pretty light!
- 2 Tuna Cans
- 1 baguette
- Paprika (spice)
- Parmesan cheese
- Set your oven to 375º
- Cut up your baguette into thin slices
- Mix tuna, mayonnaise, and a pinch of paprika
- Butter the baguette slices
- Place the tuna mixture on top of each slice
- Pinch a little bit of parmesan on top of each slice
- Place in the oven for 5-7 minutes (until the cheese has melted)
- Take out and serve on a large plate
Happy appetizer making friends!